Shupe supports Milford school referendum

During tonight’s WBOC broadcast I spoke about the Milford Middle School Referendum. I appreciate the opportunity to talk about this important project and I am glad to see that they used the part of my interview where I urged residents to do their own research, talk with people in the community, and be educated on what the vote includes. The …

Milford Salutes First Responders During Revised Night Out

August 10th, 11:14 PM EDTBy Cody Decker Full version at https://www.wrde.com/story/44496084/milford-salutes-first-responders-during-revised-night-out?fbclid=IwAR0HLchthA5xD4-7e-9Gc6gM8wGmykAhS3vpd_3JYDS_jWXUErsPJ7Gp4BM MILFORD, Del.- Ambulances, fire trucks, police cars, and brave men and women talking about what makes each one significant to their job. Taking children and adults inside each vehicle and having them see their significance to first responders and their daily work. Lieutenant Governor Bethany Hall-Long stopped by to show her …

Support First Responders Night planned at Fur Baby

CARLISLE FIRE COMPANY WILL HAVE LADDER 42 ON DISPLAY AT THE SUPPORT FIRST RESPONDER TOUCH A TRUCK EVENT Due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and continuing restrictions on events in Bicentennial Park, the annual Milford Night Out event could not be scheduled for this year. In an effort to continue support first responders, Fur Baby Pet Resort is sponsoring …

Clifford Brown jazz fest returns to Rodney Square in August

BETSY PRICE JULY 15, 2021, Delaware LIVE THE CLIFFORD BROWN JAZZ FESTIVAL’S 2018 VERSION IN RODNEY SQUARE. The Clifford Brown Jazz Festival is coming home. The Wilmington event, named for a native trumpeter who died young in a car accident, was livestreamed during the pandemic, but returns to Rodney Square Aug. 4-8. Considered the largest jazz festival  on the East Coast, …

Planting trees for future generations

It was a great Saturday to plant trees at the Milford Dog Park. The 12 hole diggers made the task seem easy and we now have 9 new trees for future shade. Many thanks to the group of volunteers who made this event successful and to Milford Parks & Recreation for furnishing the trees and needed supplies.⠀ Have you heard …

Carlisle Fire Company puts new ambulance, ladder truck in service

BETSY PRICE JUNE 17, 2021  Milford LIVE Carlisle Fire Company recently purchased a new ambulance and a new ladder truck, replacing equipment that had aged out of service. Both pieces of equipment have new technology that will benefit not only the firefighters and EMTs, but also the citizens of Milford. “Our old ladder was purchased in 1992,” Ryan Knowles, Fire Chief, …

Beauty of popular Junction and Breakwater Trail draws locals, tourists

JAMES DIEHL JUNE 23, 2021 Delaware LIVE THE SIX-MILE TRAIL FROM REHOBOTH TO LEWES IS THE PATHWAY’S MOST POPULAR PART. PHOTO COURTESY SOUTHERN DELAWARE TOURISM Delaware has been in the top 10 of “bike friendly state” lists for the last decade, and on Friday, one more link in the network of bike paths will officially open. The $513,000 Junction and Breakwater …

Remembering our Heroes on Memorial Day

As we move into the Memorial Day weekend, I want to take this opportunity to honor the countless men and women that have given the ultimate sacrifice to secure the freedoms we too often take for granted. Our inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, given to us by God, are secured generation by generation by these …

Promoting local shopping and dining, 3rd Thursday is back in Milford

By Jon Budler, Milford LIVE May 22, 2021  Downtown Milford is literally springing back to life with its monthly 3rd Thursday event.  The event is held every third Thursday of each month to promote shopping at the small businesses in the downtown riverwalk area. Like much of everything last year, 3rd Thursday was shut down due to the pandemic. The …